CERTIFIED COST ENGINEERING (AAPM)
Certified Cost Engineering program will equip participants with the skill and knowledge to control project costs. They will learn the basics of cost estimating, cost control and planning.
The Certified Cost Engineering program will equip participants with the skill and knowledge to control project costs. They will learn the basics of cost estimating, cost control and planning. It is recognized that improving cost engineering capabilities within the industry contributes to developing affordable products and technologies.
There is growing demand at local, national and international levels to impart cost and affordability engineering knowledge to support organizations that seek high-quality cost engineers.
The program is in alignment with the American Association of Cost Engineers Standard. This training course will give participants a thorough background in total cost management and cost engineering. The course addresses an area of Total Cost Management through planning and controlling resources, costs, profitability and risk. i.e. managing cost throughout the life cycle of any enterprise, program, facility, project, product or service. The course covers the application of cost engineering and cost management principles, proven methodologies and the latest technology in support of the management process. Practical sessions will provide hands-on experience.
CERTIFIED COST ENGINEERING (AAPM) LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Be familiar with “Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering.”
- Learn comprehensive tools & techniques in Cost Estimating and Control
- Improve your project management skills: Effective Planning and Scheduling
- Manage uncertainty in your project through an effective Risk Management Plan
- Be familiar with Contract Management
- Gain a piece of in-depth knowledge in the Total Cost Management framework
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
This course is intended for professionals in all business enterprises, including but not limited to Project Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resource Personals, Accountants, Engineers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Cost Controlling Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
- It is the certificant’s responsibility to ensure recertification fees are paid and applications are submitted on time, including all required documentation.
- All certifications not renewed by the expiration date will immediately result in an expired status unless other arrangements have been made and approved by AAPM Certification Staff.
- If you hold more than one AAPM Certification;
- For Re-examination: You must re-examine each certification you wish to maintain before expiration.
- For Credit Plan: You may submit one recertification by professional credit plan application with 15 CEUs. The application and credits are applied to all active certifications, pending approval. Please review the Recertification Handbook & Application Example for a detailed description of each category and acceptable activity to ensure you meet the criteria before submission.
Professional Level Examination Investment
While AAPM membership is not required for certification, members benefit from reduced examination fees.
- US$500 for members
- US$625 for non-members
- US$250 re-sit fee (member and non-members)
All fees are due upon submission of an application and are non-refundable. The fee includes our eligibility documentation review and computer-based testing (CBT) fee.
- Learn how to prepare professional proposals, value engineering ideas, claims or budgets
- Learn methodologies and tools for effective estimating, budgeting, cost control and value engineering
- Practice of standardized methods, procedures, knowledgebase and checklist
- Obtain knowledge on project control implementation, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Learn techniques that ensures survival in a competitive market
- Ability to provide a means to bridge the gap from the theory to real life Implementation.
- Perform Value Analysis on your projects
- Creation of fully cost and resource loaded schedules
- Understanding Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Activity Based Management (ABM)
- Competency Building in existing employees
- Competency building where existing employees is promoted
- Good Management Practices
- Organizations’ Strategic Objectives
- Understanding relevant needs of the stakeholders and clients
- Understanding opportunities to Exceed Stakeholder/ Customer Expectations
- Competency by employees to exercise Technical Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
JK Michaels institute also offers other products and courses, including CERTIFIED PLANNING ENGINEER, CERTIFIED PLANNING ENGINEER COURSE, CERTIFIED QUALITY ENGINEER COURSE, CERTIFIED QUALITY ENGINEER TRAINING, and CERTIFIED RELIABILITY ENGINEER.
EJORH EBERECHUKWU COLLINS
THE PROGRAM I ATTENDED HAS BEEN VERY ENLIGHTENING AND IMPACTFUL. I REALLY ENJOYED THE DELIVERY OF THE FACILITATORS.
JK MICHAELS EMBODIES A WEALTH OF EXPERIENCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE FACILITATORS WITH A WONDERFUL DRIVE FOR COACHING AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT.THEIR INTERACTIONS AND EXAMPLES WERE REALLY HELPFUL.
IF YOU WANT AN INDEPTH UNDERSTANDING OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT DELIVERED EXCELLENTLY BY PLEASANT AND INTELLIGENT FACILITATORS WHO HAVE A DEEP KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT MATTER, COME TO JK MICHAELS.
JK MICHAELS HAS GOT FANTASTIC PROGRAMS WITH GREAT CONTENT DELIVERED WITH EXCELLENCE.
- JK Michaels is a PMI accredited ATP(Authorized Training Partner)
- Earn 30 PDUs with Practical, live instructor led sessions
- Ace the exam with 30 day, 60 day study plan by experts 2000 Free exam simulation question bank
- Introduction to predictive and Agile software(microsoft project +JIRA) Poject Leadership Quotients Assessment
- Regular monthly webinars,revisions and exam support.
- Action-oriented learning through case studies,role plays ,games e.t.c